Effective Date: February 16, 2016
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE. THIS POLICY APPLIES ONLY TO INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THIS SITE AND NOT TO INFORMATION COLLECTED OFFLINE OR THROUGH ANY OTHER WEBSITES (EVEN IF AFFILIATED WITH COMPANY).
BY ACCEPTING THIS POLICY AND USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO AND ARE BOUND BY THE TERMS, CONDITIONS, POLICIES AND NOTICES CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONDUCTING THIS TRANSACTION ELECTRONICALLY AND A CHOICE OF CALIFORNIA LAW.
COMPANY MAY MODIFY THIS POLICY AT ANY TIME, AT ITS DISCRETION, AND MODIFICATIONS ARE EFFECTIVE UPON BEING POSTED ON THIS SITE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REVIEWING THIS POLICY PERIODICALLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF ANY CHANGES TO IT BECAUSE YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE WILL MEAN THAT YOU ACCEPT SUCH CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS POLICY, OR ANY SUBSEQUENT MODIFICATIONS TO THIS POLICY, YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THIS SITE OR DISCLOSE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH THIS SITE.
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal and other information from you when you provide information to us or when you interact with us via the Site. There are two kinds of information websites and interactive applications can obtain about you: (A) Anonymous Information and (B) Personally Identifiable Information. This section details what types of Anonymous Information and Personally Identifiable Information we collect from you when you access or use our Site.
(1) Anonymous Information: “Anonymous Information” is data that does not contain information that identifies an individual that websites use to administer their sites and provide their products and services. Anonymous information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. It may include such information as your browser type, your Internet Protocol (IP) address or information related to your use of the Site, such as the page served, time of request, preceding page viewed and other similar information. Company may from time to time retain third parties to help us collect and aggregate anonymous information about visitors’ use of the Site. In particular, we may collect the following types of Anonymous Information:
IP Addresses. An IP address is a unique string of numbers that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, avoid hacking attacks on the Site’s server, and may use it and aggregate it to gather broad demographic, geographic, and industry information. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information, even if such information is voluntarily provided by a user. The Site may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the products and services we offer.
Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, you can change your browser to prevent cookies or notify you whenever you are sent a cookie. However, if you disable or block cookies on your browser, the features on our Site may not work correctly.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information: “Personally Identifiable Information” is any information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address, billing address, shipping address, or your telephone number. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit our Site. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion or some other aspect of our Site. Sometimes this personal information is needed when you create an account or register with our Site, submit a comment, suggestion or make a request for certain features or materials related to our services, or when you contact us, or we may ask you to provide us with personal information on a voluntary basis in certain areas of our Site. Certain information may not be personally identifiable when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer or gain access to certain content on our Site. In particular, you may be asked to provide the following information:
Services and Registration. Company may obtain your personal information, including name, email, phone number and physical address, if you: request a free consultation; fill out a survey; or otherwise provide application or registration information to Company for any service or offer on or through the Site. Company will also use your information to communicate with you and update you on services, events and benefits and how to personalize the services and Site to you.
Email Correspondence. We offer visitors to the Site the opportunity to sign up to receive newsletters. In order to sign up for this communication, we ask for your contact information, such as name, email address and phone number. We may also offer the opportunity for you to receive other communications that we think may be of interest to you.
Correspondence; Feedback. Scattered throughout the Site are links or forms that can be used to contact Company. Company may also use your information to solicit feedback regarding the Site or services. Your contact information, such as name, address, phone number, and email address may be required on these forms so we can address our answer in a mannerly way. Company may put such information on file, but does not currently share, sell, license or transmit this information with third parties without express authorization from you.
2. HOW WE USE GATHERED INFORMATION
In addition to the uses described above, the information you share with us may be used as follows:
(1) Anonymous Information: We and our third-party partners may use a variety of technologies, now known or hereafter devised, to collect Anonymous Information. Anonymous Information is used internally for Site administration, troubleshooting and to help improve the quality of this Site and its design. We may share such aggregated, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics, with existing and prospective business partners and advertisers.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information collected by Company may be used for purposes that include, without limitation, administration of the Site and communications with you. In all cases, however, we will only use your information as permitted by law. In addition, we may from time to time contract with third parties to assist us in maintaining and managing our customer information, communicating effectively with our customers, and providing analytics regarding your interactions with the Site. We may also provide this information to subsidiaries, affiliates, strategic partners and other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing information on Company’s behalf. Company may also provide to third parties such information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted and reserves the right to supply anonymized data to partners for research or commercial purposes. For example, we contract with service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They collect information about your visits to and use of our Site. They also may use information about your visits to our Site and other websites to target advertisements to you for our products and services. These targeted advertisements to you may appear on our Site or on other websites that you visit. Please click here to learn more about your choices regarding targeted and behavioral advertising: http://www.networkadvertising.org/ or http://www.aboutads.info/. To opt out, please click here http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. In all cases, however, we will only use your information as permitted by law.
(3) Other Uses: We also may disclose Personally Identifiable Information or Anonymous Information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process; (b) protect and defend our rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site; or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public. Please note that we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
We support the right of our visitors to choose. If you receive marketing or promotional communications from Company, you can opt out of receiving future promotional communications by contacting us at email@example.com. Your opt-out request may take up to ten (10) business days to process, and you may receive communications from us or our third-party service providers in the meantime. Please note that if you make subsequent requests or other communications through our Site, we may respond in order to fulfill your request or otherwise reply to your communication.
4. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have certain rights to know about the Personally Identifiable Information that Company holds about you and gathered through this Site, including the right to correct, amend or delete the information that Company has on file if it is incorrect. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Site incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we have collected. Security of information communicated by or to us over the Internet is of utmost concern to us; however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that your email and contact forms found on the Site, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email or Site contact forms to communicate information to us that you consider confidential.
While we strive to protect your personal information, Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through this Site. Once we receive your transmission, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our internal systems. Depending on the nature of the inquiry, your communication may be discarded or archived.
6. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION THROUGH BUSINESS TRANSFERS
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, and in so doing, acquire or share customer information. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred or shared assets. Similarly, in the event that a portion or substantially all of Company’s assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information (including Personally Identifiable Information) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
7. OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) defines a “Child” as anyone under the age of 13. Company strictly adheres to COPPA. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information obtained through our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13, and we do not knowingly collect or use the personal information of minors for marketing purposes. If you are under 13, do not provide your personal information to us without providing us with the consent of your parent or guardian. If you believe we have been provided with the personal information of a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
8. DO NOT TRACK
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you indicate that you do not wish to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we do not currently respond to such features or signals. Therefore, if you select or turn on a “do not track” feature in your web browser or block or delete tracking cookies, Company and its third-party providers may continue collecting information about your online activities as described in this Policy.
9. EXTERNAL LINKS
10. NOTICE TO NON-U.S. USERS
If you are located outside the United States of America and are visiting the Site, you should be aware that your personal information will be transferred to the United States of America, the laws of which may be deemed by your country to have inadequate data protection. If you are located in a country outside the United States of America and voluntarily submit personal information to us, you thereby consent to the general use of such information as provided in this Policy and to the transfer of that information to, and/or storage of that information in, the United States of America.
11. GOVERNING LAW; LIMITATION ON CLAIMS
This Site is controlled, operated and administered entirely within the United States. By using the Site, you signify your agreement to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not disclose any personal information through the Site. This Policy and the use of this Site are governed by California law. Any claim related to the Site or this Policy shall be brought in a federal or state court in Los Angeles, California, within one (1) year after the claim arises. Users of the Site consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts as the most convenient and appropriate for the resolution of disputes concerning this Policy. This Policy and the notices outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any third party.
12. SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request to Company via the contact information below with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent.
13. ACCOUNT REVISIONS, REVOKING AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We welcome your questions, comments and all feedback pertaining to your privacy or any other issue with regard to this Site.
At any time, you may ask us to cease further use of your email address to send you correspondence, and direct us to delete any Personally Identifiable Information you have supplied. Although it is not always possible to remove or modify such information, we will make reasonable efforts to do so. If you have given us information for one of those third parties we mentioned above and we have already passed it on, we may not be able to delete or change the information.
In the event that you have given us Personally Identifiable Information in the past and then have second thoughts or want to update it, or if you have any other questions regarding this Policy or this Site, you may contact us at:
1219 Morningside Drive, Suite 102
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266